2020 Gordon Junior Rugby Representative Coaches
The GJRU Executive Committee is happy to announce the following Coaching appointments for the 2020 season as per the GJRU Rules associated with Coach Eligibility, referenced below.
For a person to be appointed as Coach of a GJRU Representative Team that person:
- Must hold the appropriate coaching qualifications being a minimum of Level 1 Coaching Certificate to qualify to coach Under 10s to Under 14s and a Level 2 Coaching Certificate to qualify to coach Under 15s and Under 17s (Open's).
- Must commit without reservation to giving priority to developing the skills of the individual players in context of coaching the team by reference to age appropriate Skills Sets.
- Must be available to:
- Attend all “Coach the Coaches” sessions conducted by the GJRU Committee.
- Attend appropriate skills sessions to which will be invited the Independent Selectors, the players who wish to be considered for selection in the team you are coaching and the Coaches of the District’s club teams for that specific age group. These sessions are designed to create a greater opportunity for the Coach and Independent Selectors to assess the ability of players prior to trail games and to promote co-operation between the District’s club coaches of that particular age group.
- Attend to view prospective player’s trialling for representative team selection where available at club trial games and, as a minimum, at the All Gordon Trials and Representative Selection Day.
- Attend at least one SJRU Club game for each of the highest graded teams from each Gordon Junior village club, prior to selections.
- Must be approved by the GJRU Committee following recommendation from the GJRU Representative Coordinator.
- Must complete and submit the relevant declarations in respect of “Working with Children”.
- Must abide by the NSW Junior Rugby Union Code of Conduct and associated Rules and Procedures.