Welcome to Season 2020!
Below you will find all the information regarding the 2020 GJRU representative year.
Following feedback from the 2019 Survey we are also seeking better ways to register players and to communicate across the district about our representative programs. So this year we are asking for U12-U17/Open players to register through a simple google form. (U10s & U11s will be done at a later stage). All registrations will be loaded to the new GJRU Team App ahead of the 1st Trials (more about this further into the season).
|Please register to trial by completing the form below. You must register for your correct age group and be available for Trial 1:
U12 – 15 March, 12:30 to 4:30 at Blackman Oval, Lane Cove
U13 – 15 March, 12:30 to 2:30 at Cliff Oval, Wahroonga
U14 – 15 March, 1:30 to 3:30 at Cliff Oval, Wahroonga
U15 – 15 March, 2:30 to 3:30 at Cliff Oval, Wahroonga
U16 – 15 March, 3:30 to 4:30 at Cliff Oval, WahroongaNB. For 2nd & 3rd round trials on 22 & 29 March, all venue/s are TBC.
U10 & U11 trials will be in Term 2 and subject to a separate registration.This form will close at 6pm on 13 March 2020 and the information added to the GJRU Team App to allow distribution of all information and better 2-way communications between the coordinators and families.
Questions? Please contact Sven Graham Vice President and Reps Coordinator – email@example.com
Please note the following from NSWRU/SJRU & as fully supported by GJRU:
- The selection process will be undertaken by independent selectors from across our district & the Gordon Senior club
- All squads will be ratified by the GJRU Committee prior to being announced
- All nominees MUST be registered with a village club PRIOR to nominating for Rep selection
- All nominees MUST play in their correct age group regardless if they play in the older age group at school or club.
- All nominees must play at least 4 games before State Championships
- If a representative player is selected for a pathways program after state champs, they need to play at least 2 games after state champs before the pathway program
- All players MUST be encouraged to remain at the club they were registered with last year, with the only exceptions where the original club cannot field a team in that age group in the current year.
- It is key in our U10 – U13’s we ensure players stay at their original club, we understand from U14s & up there may well be a need to combine players when clubs cannot field their own teams.
- All players need to be aware that if they choose to move clubs without a sufficiently good reason then they may not be allowed to trial or may not be selected for Gordon Rep / Development.
- The key to having a strong Rep program is having a strong Village Club base with a talent pool across the entire village club base, not centralised to one or two clubs.
- Most players are NOT likely to be the next Wallaby and are better off playing at their original club with mates then moving to try and improve chances of gaining Rep selection.
- Players do not need to compete in a A grade competition to become a Rep player and every year we have rep players from every grade across our Villages.
- Some of our smaller clubs play in lower grades traditionally as they have a wide range in talents in single teams, whereas larger clubs have multiple teams per age group.
- Please also be aware that buying private tours or programs does in no way influence Rep selection.
- Maximum of 2 x 18 squad players in the Under 10s and Under 11s plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury.
- Maximum of 1 x 23 squad players in the Under 12s plus 2 shadow players. We will also have a second squad, the Gordon Barbarians – full program to be announced soon.
- Maximum of 1 x 23 squad players in the Under 13s and Under 14s plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury.
- Maximum of 1 x 25 squad players in the Under 15s to Opens plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury