Registrations are OPEN for all Gordon Village Club Players in age groups U10s thru U17s wishing to trial and be selected in a GJRU XV a side team to represent our District at the 2017 NSW State Championships. Players and parents can register using the button below. A $50 per player non-refundable fee applies, this year our selection processes will be further enhanced with the involvement of an external service provider, incorporating Mark Philp & Team from Gordon Seniors as Independent Selectors and incorporating skills and drills from the Junior Gold Cup Program.
Important Points to Note:
- Returning 2016 Rep players aged U10s thru U13s will commence in week 4, along with older boys and girls age U14 thru U17s. For NON REP players aged U10s thru U13s that commence in week 4, effectively bypassing the GJRU Development Program you must prove your eligibility by satisfying the criteria that you play in the TOP TEAM at either your school or club. If a player cannot satisfy this criteria then they will need to start in week 1 of the GJRU Development Program commencing Friday 10th of February refer Events.
- The 1st Internal Rep Selection Trial (week 6 – Friday 17th of March) will be held for age group U11-U17 and there will be a large “culling” of players. U10 players will be selected at a later date.
- The 2nd Internal Rep Selection Trial (week 7 – Friday 24th of March) will refine the squads down to within a few selections from the 2nd Internal Trial.
- Thereafter there will be 2 rounds of the SJRU 2017 Competition (Sunday 2nd & 9th of April) which can be used to finalise the age group squads which will be taken to the 2017 NSWJRU State Championships.
- The 2017 GJRU Rep Coaches (yet to be announced) will be given the opportunity to participate in selecting their squads during week 6 & 7. However, they will be one vote only from a selection panel of which Mark Philp, Director of Coaching & 1st XV Gordon Seniors Coach has the casting vote.
- The 2017 GJRU Rep Coaches will be given responsibility for finalizing their squad (with the approval of the GJRU committee) after the completion of the first two rounds of the 2017 SJRU Competition. Teams (U11s thru U17s) will be announced on Wednesday the 12th of April. The 2 x Under 10 Development squads will be announced on Monday 29th of May 2017.
Keys dates relating to the 2017 GJRU Representative XV season are as follows;
Under 11s through Under 17s – playing June long weekend 10/11/12 June 2017
- Registrations to trial for Gordon Juniors OPEN Monday 16 January 2017
- Registrations to trial for Gordon Juniors CLOSE Wednesday 30 March 2017
- For Under 10s through Under 16s a $50 non-refundable fee applies to all players wishing to register. Should a player be selected in a 2017 Rep Team then this amount ($50) will be deducted from 2017 Rep Fee of $300
- Rep Skills Camp No.1 Friday 3 March 2017 Koola Park between 5:30pm and 8:30pm
- Rep Skills Camp No.2 Friday 10 March 2017 Koola Park between 5:30pm and 8:30pm
- Internal Rep Trial No. 1 Friday 17 March 2017 Koola Park between 5:30pm and 8:30pm
- Internal Rep Trial No. 2 Friday 24 March 2017 Koola Park between 5:30pm and 8:30pm
- All teams – U11s to U17s – announced by Wednesday 12 April 2017
- Rep Training starts week 25 April 2017 and runs for 7 weeks concludes week starting 5 June 2017
- External Rep trials scheduled for weekends of 20/21 May 2017 and 27/28 May 2017 opposition, venues and times TBC
- Team Squad Photos – at Chatswood Oval, date and time TBC
- 2017 NSW State Championships 10th, 11th & 12th of June at various City and Country locations TBA
- GJRU Presentation Day for all age groups squads at Chatswood Oval, date and times TBC.
Each year, depending on the number of registered players, we use week 1 of the trial program as our first cut. We then move into week 2 with the essential 2 teams left in the U11s, U12s and U13s etc. At the end of the trials, the Independent Selectors will recommend an age group squad to the GJRU Committee for publication and on our website, as follows;
- Maximum of 2 x 18 squad players in the Under 10s and Under 11s plus 2 shadow players per age group in of case of injury.
- Maximum of 1 x 23 squad players in the Under 12s to Under 14s (inclusive) plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury.
- Maximum of 1 x 25 squad players in the Under 15s and Under 17s (inclusive), plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury.
The Under 10 age group will be participating in a one day development carnival with no semis or final and the Under 11 age group will participate in a two day development carnival with no semis or final.
To learn a little bit more about each age group, go to the Representative XV page of the Teams Tab and click the age group you are most interested in and or alternative click on the Registration Form button below.
Under 10s Gala Day – playing Sunday 16 July 2017
Access further details on key dates and times about this exciting development pathway program here.
2017 GJRU Representative XV Player Payment Form
If you have been selected in a 2017 Gordon Rep Team for State Championships its now time to pay your fees - click below to complete the payment process.