Gordon Junior Rep
Trials for Gordon Junior Rugby Club will be held on the 31 March at Hassel Park, St Ives.
(u10/u11 will follow in a month's time)
Please click on the below link to register your interest.
Gordon Junior Rugby is pleased to open nominations for representative selection for the 2019 State Championships.
This year we are looking to register teams in the following
Girls (15-a-side) Competing on the June long weekend
Under 13, Under 15 and Under 17
Boys (15-a-side) Competing on the June long weekend
Under 12s – Under 18s
Trials are looking to start at the end of March however much of this will depend on the level of nominations and finallisation of coaches.
Under 10s and Under 11s however this tournament is not until July
Trials are looking to start at the end of May and notice will be posted.
This process will be undertaken by independent selectors from our Senior club. All squads will be ratified by the GJRU Committee prior to being announced. Some of the criteria and the format for each squad will be as follows.
- All nominees MUST be registered with a village club PRIOR to nominating for Rep selection
- All nominees MUST play in their correct age group regardless if they play in the older age group at school or club. (the only exception being that in some circumstances younger boys will receive an opportunity in the Under 10s)
- All players MUST be encouraged to remain at the club they were registered with in 2018, the only exceptions should be where the original club does not field a team in that age group for 2019. It is key in our U10 - U13’s we ensure players stay at their original club, we understand from U14s & up there may well be a need to combine players when clubs cannot field their own teams.
- All players need to be aware that if they choose to move clubs without a sufficiently good reason then they may not be allowed to trail or may not be selected for Gordon Rep / Development. The key to having a strong Rep program is having a strong Village Club base and that means a talent pool across the entire village club base, not centralised to one or two clubs. Most players are NOT likely to be the next Wallaby and is better off playing at his original club with his mates then moving to try and improve chances of gaining Rep selection.
- Player do not need to compete in a A grade competition to become a Rep player and every years we have rep players from every grade across our Villages. Some of our smaller clubs play in lower grades traditionally as they have a wide range in talents in single teams, whereas larger clubs have multiple teams per age group.
- Please also be aware that buying private tours or programs does in no way influence Rep selection Parents need to know that
- Maximum of 2 x 18 squad players in the Under 10s and Under 11s plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury.
- Maximum of 1 x 23 squad players in the Under 12s to Under 14s (inclusive) plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury.
- Maximum of 1 x 25 squad players in the Under 15s to Opens (inclusive), plus 2 shadow players per age group in case of injury.